How we use your medical records
Important information for patients
- This practice handles medical records in line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example, to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading, or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to request a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your identifiable information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to request that any mistakes in your medical record are corrected.
- Our practice privacy notice is on the practice website which includes information on how to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to seek advice or make a complaint if you need to do so.
- For more information, please visit our website:-www.queenstreetsurgery.co.uk