We are changing to a new online consultation platform called Anima on Tuesday 30 January 2024
Anima is already used at over 170 GP practices and almost 489,000 patients in the UK.
It is free and easy for patients to create an account.
- It has enhanced integration with our systems and is constantly reviewed and developed.
- Anima is to be used for routine and non-urgent medical and administrative issues only. If you have an emergency or urgent issue, please contact 999 or 111 – do not use Anima.
- Your request will be prioritised according to clinical need.
What benefits Anima brings for you
- Personalised dashboard to track your cases and requests.
- Submit a request at any time during platform opening hours.
- Directed to the right team member to help.
- Carefully constructed questionnaires to help us get to the core of what you need.
- Provides discretion if you prefer not to discuss your medical issue on the phone or face-to-face.
- No need to wait in a telephone queue or make an unnecessary visit to the practice saving you time.
- If you care for others, you can efficiently complete an online request on their behalf.
- Easy log in to check the status of requests and the outcomes of current and past requests.
- User-friendly, particularly for those with hearing difficulties, as well as those whose first language is not English.
- Receive text messages and emails to keep updated about appointment times.
How to use Anima or create an account
To use Anima, you need to be a registered patient with us.
Login to Anima
- Use your NHS login or create a new account.
- Click on "Register as a patient" if you don't have an account.
- Fill in your details (name, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, and email address) and set up a password.
Submit a request
- Answer a few simple questions. The more information you give us, the better we will be able to help you.
We will respond to your request
Your case is in our system, and we truly value your patience as we carefully review and address it. Kindly avoid submitting duplicate requests or reaching out to our practice for progress reports. We will contact you by phone, text or email.
Can I use Amina to request an appointment?
No. Anima allows us to gauge your case and deal with routine issues. If, after reviewing your case, you need a face-to-face appointment, you will be offered one.
I have submitted a request, and I haven’t been contacted yet, do I need to do anything?
No. If you've submitted a request and haven't been contacted, please wait. We will contact you by email, Anima account, or by phone.
If we have invited you to an appointment, you can log in to Anima to choose your appointment slot.
Can I request a repeat prescription?
You cannot order prescriptions through Anima. The best way is to use the NHS App. It's easy—simply log in, click on 'Order A Repeat Prescription,' and select the items you need.
What about my data?
Anima is approved by the NHS. Your data is securely stored and shared exclusively with us to support your direct care.
Published: Dec 22, 2023
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.