All requests for travel injections need to be requested at least 6-8 weeks before your holiday to be completely protected.
We now offer Travel Health Vaccinations here at the surgery. In order to assist us to make a full assessment of the potential risks to your health for your planned travel, we would ask that you ring the surgery on 01733 204611 for New Queen Street Surgery and 01733 568569 for Stanground Surgery and leave your details with the receptionist and a member of the Travel Team will telephone you back within adequate time to arrange your travel vaccines.
Travel risks vary considerably, and for this reason we allow a minimum of 20 minutes for each appointment. We would aim to give you any necessary vaccinations at this appointment, to save you having to return. As some vaccines are not available on the NHS there may be a private fee charged and this will be discussed at your appointment. Please see our Travel Clinic Charges and Travel Leaflet.
At your appointment we may ask the following questions to help us plan for your trip:-
- When are you departing and for how long?
- Where are you going, including the destinations within a country?
- Where are you staying, e.g. backpacking, camping, hotels?
- Are you planning to undertake any high risk activities?
- Have you taken out travel insurance and have you informed the company of any existing medical condition?
- If female and of child bearing age, is there any possibility you could be pregnant, or are you planning a pregnancy?
- Do you have any medical conditions, or a history of significant medical illness? (these can influence the choice of malaria tablets we recommend)
Useful External Websites
It would help us greatly if you had some awareness of the travel problems that you may be at risk from on your trip before you come for your appointment.
Please look at the following website, to read the information for the county you are visiting www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk
Other useful websites to look at are:-
We look forward to seeing you at your appointment.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.